We were recently informed by our parent organization, the Society of American Archivists (SAA), that our membership requirements do not align with SAA policy. Effective January 28, 2016 all voting members of SJSU SAASC must also be individual members of SAA.
This change to our constitution does not prevent you from following us on social media, subscribing to our blog, joining our Canvas group, contributing content to our open source digital publication Archeota and attending our events. This change to our constitution does affect those who wish to vote in elections, join teams/committees, form Special Interest Groups (SIGs) or become an editor of Archeota.
SAA has a discounted student membership option; the current rate is $50 per year. Joining is easy and allows you to connect with the largest group of professional archivists in the United States. Benefits of membership include:
- Access to The American Archivist (Journal)
- Your own personal copy of Archival Outlook (Newsletter)
- Discounts on titles from the SAA Bookstore, annual meeting registration, and continuing education workshops
- Access to the SAA's Mentoring Program
- Section and roundtable membership
- Access to the SAA membership directory
See the SAA website for more information:
On February 18, 2016 @ 6:30 pm PST via Blackboard Collaborate we will be hosting a presentation on the benefits of SAA membership and taking the Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) Exam. Bring your questions!
Link to participate in 2015-2016 events: https://goo.gl/D6uxEb
Please forward all questions and comments to email@example.com