If you like working online and enjoy promoting the archival profession, then you should consider running for the position of Technology Coordinator.
As a Technology Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Weebly updating the SAASC website with speaker announcements, social events, archive tour photos, and officer information. You’ll also help create announcements on Facebook, Twitter, SLIS, and other social media in order to promote the SAASC’s upcoming events. Other duties include assisting with the Annual Report, providing the SAASC website and officer information to websites related to archives, and best of all, you’ll get to brainstorm with your fellow officers on new and exciting ideas!
Nominate yourself or someone you know to run for Technology Coordinator. It’s a great way to get involved in the SLIS online community.
Interested in contributing ideas and energy, as well as documenting the business and decisions of a fun and growing graduate student group? You’ll also have a hand in using the variety of social media tools used by the SAASC to communicate with members and other interested parties. As the SAASC secretary, you will help the chapter further its mission by:
1. Maintaining a complete and current roster of all members (if deemed necessary by the Executive Committee and the general membership),
2. Recording the minutes of each meeting and make them available to all members no later than one week after the meeting, and
3. Assisting the Technology Coordinator with communicating to the membership as needed.
4. Assisting with the compilation of the Annual Report for SAA.
5. Performing such duties as the Executive Committee or the Chair may assign as expected of a Secretary.